Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH2-115 in SHO + RGB

peter shah

SH2_115 in Cygnus imaged in SII Ha OIII and RGB. Done remotely from Spain with the 12in ASA Newtonian f3.6 and ASI2600MM pro.  I collimated it 2 years ago after stripping it to wash the optics....Its such a stable scope even with the extreme heat  of Spain.
Exposure times were 3 hrs in SII, 4hrs in Ha and 5hrs in OIII all 300s subs. Plus 1hr each in RGB all 120s subs. Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop to finish it off.
Thanks for looking
Peter Shah

SH2-115 HSO.jpg

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Superb Peter as ever.

Thank you Francis...

25 minutes ago, Roy Foreman said:

Very nice. Love the colour balance.

Thank you.... I tried several colour pallets variations but settled on SHO in the end

Hi Peter

I an excellent object to choose with contrasting objects and colour and of course, well executed processing.

Can I ask what field flattener you are using with the scope? I am half thinking of getting another fast Newtonian

Adrian

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CCD Imager said:

Hi Peter

I an excellent object to choose with contrasting objects and colour and of course, well executed processing.

Can I ask what field flattener you are using with the scope? I am half thinking of getting another fast Newtonian

Adrian

Thank you Adrian. The scope is a standard ASA12N Newtonian. It has its own 3in 0.95x Wynne type corrector/reducer made by ASA...... they don't make them anymore.

21 minutes ago, tomato said:

Excellent result as always, Peter. What temperature can you run the camera at in the current extreme heat being experienced in Spain?

Thank you....The 2600 I can still get down to -10 comfortably but the 6200 being much larger only -5.... but thats only on the evenings so planning calibration frames can be a little tricky as day time temperatures are silly at present.

40 minutes ago, tomato said:

Yes, your day time temperatures must be crazy, hope the vast array of kit there suffers no adverse effects.

The observatory is pretty well insulated so isn't as much of an issue if I'm honest and all of the reflectors are holding collimation really well. Cooling on the evening takes a fraction longer but the roof is set to open earlier to help with that. Last night I noticed the temperature drop was very rapid. I took a screen shot as it was very unusual.

image.png.71586b18d5eb26699067ef0891b71355.png