Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 14th june

neil phillips

Looks nice but I know what you mean 'more of the same'; Cassini division is not quite crisp yet, is it? The banding has come out nicely. The heat and long cooling overnight is not helping.

Just now, Kon said:

Looks nice but I know what you mean 'more of the same'; Cassini division is not quite crisp yet, is it? The banding has come out nicely. The heat and long cooling overnight is not helping.

All of the above. Trying to achieve that this early in daylight. At 18 degrees under iffy seeing. is all preventing me so far of getting that quality.

But its fun trying 

34 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

All of the above. Trying to achieve that this early in daylight. At 18 degrees under iffy seeing. is all preventing me so far of getting that quality.

But its fun trying 

Yes being out imaging is very soothing and fun. Many times it's frustrating but still fun.

I hope to join soon.

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

Nice captures Neil. Considering the sub 20 degree elev. Must be very pleasant out at that time in a morning. 

I need the exercise too. And it certainly gives me that. Saw Jupiter this morning washed out into daylight with binos. Close to the moon

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

I need the exercise too. And it certainly gives me that. Saw Jupiter this morning washed out into daylight with binos. Close to the moon

Cheers

Hi @neil phillips, I saw it this morning as well (Jupiter "close" to the Moon, I mean) and took this quick picture with my Canon 600D and a Canon EFS 55-250mm lens:

image.thumb.jpeg.1478365fcf72c190dd51846653913467.jpeg

I though you would like to see it :-).

Edited by NenoVento
typos

7 hours ago, NenoVento said:

Hi @neil phillips, I saw it this morning as well (Jupiter "close" to the Moon, I mean) and took this quick picture with my Canon 600D and a Canon EFS 55-250mm lens:

image.thumb.jpeg.1478365fcf72c190dd51846653913467.jpeg

I though you would like to see it :-).

Excellent. i didn't check until daybreak. Its truly in our sights soon. Great pic too btw

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1