Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Just noticed the OTA has Takahashi written on it (In addition to on the dewcap). Is that original, Dave, as far as you know?

Hello Jeremy. My 128 was made the same year as Dave’s @F15Rulesbut it only has a “decal” on the dewshield. 
Nothing on the actual telescope tube. 

John 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I only ask as I don’t recall seeing it before (ok, and second reason is I’m a Tak nerd). Perhaps on some scopes it’s hidden by the clamshell . My FS 102, of a similar vintage, does not have it.

Maybe @mikeDnight recalls if his FS128 had that marking.

My FS128 only had the writing on the Dew Shield. I think Dave's example must be faulty. I mean who would want to blatantly advertise their scope is a Takahashi by having the name both on the Dew Shield and the tube? :happy7:

2019-02-0116_55_39.png.6039022d2d06b9c290b259ef6009cd54.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, F15Rules said:

David,

Does your FS128 have a decal on the tube, the dewshield, or both?

Dave

Neither, it was tatty so I removed it but it was on the left side of the dewshield, I removed the Sun warning sticker too 

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

My FS128 only had the writing on the Dew Shield. I think Dave's example must be faulty. I mean who would want to blatantly advertise their scope is a Takahashi by having the name both on the Dew Shield and the tube? :happy7:

...and on the Focuser..

Me.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Mike. I agree wholeheartedly with this post 🤣🤣🤣🤣

John 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Telescope40 said:

Mike. I agree wholeheartedly with this post 🤣🤣🤣🤣

John 

I'm only jealous of Dave's FS128, and only mildly mocking because I was stupid enough to let mine go. Even as I was doing the deal for the 152, I knew it was a dumb move. Gormless is a term I haven't heard or used in years - I think it means 'dim'. May be I should change from mikeDnight to GormlessSquared?

Anyhow, I got my first view through an FS128 since 2007 last Friday night, after David, Dweller25, invited me to come over and play. We only managed Venus, which was beautiful and clean with subtle cloud top detail, and Mars. Unfortunately as the sky darkened the seeing began to deteriorate and we lost the initial detail on Mars. Between observing Venus and Mars, we managed to take a look at Betelgeuse and the double star Castor. I have to say looking at stars through David's FS128 was truly magical! It was a very enjoyable evening!!

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 5