Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone tried installing Windows 11 on PC not meeting minimum system requirements?

PeterCPC

• 8 months later...

If you now running Win 11 22H2 on an unsupported machine (I guess many are) and are waiting to see if 23H2 will become available to you, check to see if KB5031455 has been recently installed. If so, you can automatically get 23H2 by simply installing KB50327397. KB5032797 enables the 23H2 updates contained in KB5031455 and only takes a couple of minutes (see video below, starts at @ 11minutes in, link for the required file contained in the description). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

If you now running Win 11 22H2 on an unsupported machine...

I'm running Win10 on an unsupported machine.  I don't really want to update to Win 11 as I assume I'd have to reinstall 9 years worth of apps🤔

Anyone know of a way to do the equivalent described in the video but for Win10? Is Win 10 still supported by MS?

CS, Andy

1 minute ago, fireballxl5 said:

I'm running Win10 on an unsupported machine.  I don't really want to update to Win 11 as I assume I'd have to reinstall 9 years worth of apps🤔

Anyone know of a way to do the equivalent described in the video but for Win10? Is Win 10 still supported by MS?

CS, Andy

You shouldn't need to reinstall anything. This laptop (Lenovo x220 which I purchased about 8 or 9 years ago) is now running Win11 23H2 originally had Win7 Pro and has had updates to Win10, Win11 22H2 and now 11 23H2 and I have never needed to reinstall software, you select "keep apps and documents" when updating the os.

• Thanks 1