Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 - Crab Nebula

Zummerzet_Leveller

Just over 19hrs on this target with narrowband filters.  Taken with the ASI1600GT on the EdgeHD8 with the x0.7 reducer.  ZWO 7nm Ha/OIII & Baader 8nm SII.  Was battling with seeing on this one so not as great as I would have hoped, as I had to dump a lot of OIII and SII files.  Taken earlier in January but not had a chance to process the data.  Processing in Siril, Gimp, StarnetV2 and Topaz.

Data was taken with no binning but binned X2 and then upscaled in postprocessing.  Colour palette was taken from the coldest nights and pulled together using Pixelmath.

Ha - 103 x 300s (8hrs 35mins) + OIII - 65 x 300s (5hrs 25mins) + SII - 61 x 300s (5hrs 05mins)

Final_1_Bin2x2_low.jpg

• Like 14

On 07/02/2023 at 01:52, Mr Spock said:

Nice looking image 👍

On 07/02/2023 at 08:30, simmo39 said:

V nice, one of the clearer images of M1 that I have seen.

20 hours ago, Maximidius said:

19 hours well spent because that's a cracking M1!

Thanks for the comments all.  If the seeing were better I'm sure I could have managed more definition.  Was quite keen not to blow out the core to try and see some of the details in the back of the nebula structure.  Such a shame that when we had the clear nights in January the Jetstream was firmly planted over the South West.

• Like 1