NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars at winter solstice (21/12/22)

Kon

Longest night of the year tonight with some decent seeing that was ruined by the constant passing clouds. I managed a few captures but most frames were junked due to clouds. Mars was showing nicely in the capture window. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mc, 2.5x TV powermate. Original size and 150% resized.

image.png.cf38e0c8d60be2283a940127835f0f26.pngimage.png.6b217342341c60af205c0d180b9f19bc.png

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Those are great Kostas, I couldn’t get anything usable when I went out last night, due to fog, cloud and terrible seeing.

Thanks Geof. Quite pleased despite being a short session. I thought you would have had better weather as the weather front was coming from W to E but it seems you did not manage to dodge it. It seems that at least until Boxing day the weather is pants.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Very nice Kostas! I had a similar experience last night.

Nicely processed!

Thanks Stuart. So annoying to have stable seeing but clouds. We can never win with this weather. Looking forward to your images if you post them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dweller25 said:

Excellent images, I was out a little earlier than you last night but seeing was not good ☹️

Thanks. It seems that although the Jetstream was over us it differently affected parts of UK .

• Like 1