Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 8th November 2022

Kon

34 minutes ago, johnturley said:

Excellent Kon, lots of detail in the Mare Erythraeum area, and the North Polar Hood showing really well. 

When you say resized 120%, what software did you use

John 

Thanks John. I am very pleased with the details that came out despite the windy conditions. I resized in Astrosurface.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Windy conditions with manual tracking and he still gets detail on the polar cap! Great work again Kon!

Thanks. I was surprised how stable the seeing was. I had to reject a lot of frames in Autostakert.

It's getting bigger and easier to process.

48 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks. I was surprised how stable the seeing was. I had to reject a lot of frames in Autostakert.

It's getting bigger and easier to process.

Yes breezy conditions can offer decent seeing. I assume you're using a motorized focuser? 

21 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Yes breezy conditions can offer decent seeing. I assume you're using a motorized focuser? 

Tonight is windy too but I have not been out yet to check the seeing.

Nope just the standard focuser that came with the Dob.

3 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Its looking good kon. Plenty of detail on view Thinking about try later tonight. Bit tired but will see. 16 arcsecs now.

Thanks Neil. Yes very exciting time the next few weeks. I just got back in, Jupiter was 'boiling'. I think jet stream is on full blown at the moment. It's meant to be over us tomorrow morning but I have predicted rain.

• Like 1

Really nice Mars images Kon. I’ve missed out recently, other than some amplification experiments with the new Baader barlow a couple of nights ago, but it was far too windy for me to get anything usable. I should have gone out last night, but I had a dentist appointment booked this morning, so didn’t want to be out late.  Then I got a phone call first thing this morning saying that my appointment has to be postponed, as the dentists cat is unwell…..😠

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Really nice Mars images Kon. I’ve missed out recently, other than some amplification experiments with the new Baader barlow a couple of nights ago, but it was far too windy for me to get anything usable. I should have gone out last night, but I had a dentist appointment booked this morning, so didn’t want to be out late.  Then I got a phone call first thing this morning saying that my appointment has to be postponed, as the dentists cat is unwell…..😠

I hope just a routine dentist appointment and not being in pain.

It was awful with jet stream over us last night, but the night before it was nice despite the wind. I hope you manage to get out soon.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kon said:

I hope just a routine dentist appointment and not being in pain.

It was awful with jet stream over us last night, but the night before it was nice despite the wind. I hope you manage to get out soon.

It was just routine hygenist appointment, so has been rescheduled to 8 Dec, but I've just realised that's the morning after the lunar occultation of Mars, which starts around 5am, so probably I should be awake, though if it's been an all nighter I may fall asleep in the dentist chair.... I don't know what it is with my dentist and astonomy clashing.....🙄

21 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

It was just routine hygenist appointment, so has been rescheduled to 8 Dec, but I've just realised that's the morning after the lunar occultation of Mars, which starts around 5am, so probably I should be awake, though if it's been an all nighter I may fall asleep in the dentist chair.... I don't know what it is with my dentist and astonomy clashing.....🙄

I was all clouded out to be see the event. I think you need to give your hygienist a list of upcoming celestial events to avoid booking you in 🤣.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kon said:

I was all clouded out to be see the event. I think you need to give your hygienist a list of upcoming celestial events to avoid booking you in 🤣.

It's an upcoming event on 8 Dec 2022, or are you also a time traveller....😉. Yes, I prefer pm appointments for reasons of potential astronomy related lie ins, but my wife booked this one.....🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, geoflewis said:

It's an upcoming event on 8 Dec 2022, or are you also a time traveller....😉. Yes, I prefer pm appointments for reasons of potential astronomy related lie ins, but my wife booked this one.....🤷‍♂️

Ooops I misread the date !!! Feeling a bit embarrassed!🤪

• Haha 1