Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Done and dusted

Carl Au

On 05/11/2022 at 21:48, Saganite said:

And i bet i'd hardly use it and sell it on in a year or two.

Hmm..🤔

I'd beg to differ on both count...if you bought a Tak you would use it and, barring financial disaster, you wouldn't sell it..

I've now had my FS128 for almost 6 years, longer than any other scope I've owned..if I'd been able to afford a 5" Tak (or Vixen) apo years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of buying and selling!🤦😊.

Fortunately, there are now many more excellent scopes available for reasonable prices that get much closer to the very best..

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Hmm..🤔

I'd beg to differ on both count...if you bought a Tak you would use it and, barring financial disaster, you wouldn't sell it..

I've now had my FS128 for almost 6 years, longer than any other scope I've owned..if I'd been able to afford a 5" Tak (or Vixen) apo years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of buying and selling!🤦😊.

Fortunately, there are now many more excellent scopes available for reasonable prices that get much closer to the very best..

Dave

Hi Dave,

Pm sent

Edited by Saganite
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tomato said:

There won’t be many imagers who can say I’ve got everything I need, the technology keeps changing and improving too much. 

I am with you there Steve. Imaging is in never ending development and therefore creating an urge for those new tools. Visually, optics have not changed much (or at all) compared to cameras, imaging filters, mounts, control systems and new software. Moreover, for imaging more that one telescope and rig really pays off as you can image several objects at the same time or double your integration time with dual rigs. And you need more than one scope if you like galaxies as well as large DSOs, and if you want a travel set-up as well as the home obsy (or in my case obsies).

But, visually, I can see that one great scope could be enough. After all it would be a bit mind spitting to observe more than one object at a time.

I think I have everything I could ever need/want; much more than I need if I'm honest 🙂 

But that does not stop my daily ritual of checking the 'Latest Products' on FLO every morning; em maybe two or three times a day if I'm honest 🙂

Malcolm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1