Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mosaic 18th

neil phillips

Seeing not the best, some 40 odd degrees high. But the Stella lyra 7.3 Classical Cassegrain was well cooled down. I think i got good focus which also helped. 

50 and 75% Of capture size F12 zwo 178mm IR685 12 pieces

Not happy with it yet i may redo 

full.png 50 s.png

full.png 75.png s.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Top shelf work as always.   I far prefer the larger 75% view!!   Really needs to be looked at in the larger size to appreciate I think.

Hi Mike seeing here recently hasn't been great. I was surprised it came out so focused. I think the scope being well cooled and collimated, really helped. Something you will want to pay a lot of attention too with your large SCT. They hold heat for quite some time. Think you can get SCT coolers. Anyway, cheers for your views. Btw i will be in the market at some point for something bigger for next year jupiter is high. I keep wondering if to try and get a secondhand SCT 11 is my max. Let us know over time what you discover about yours strengths and weaknesses. Ect. 

Cheers

On 19/10/2022 at 20:58, neil phillips said:

Hi Mike seeing here recently hasn't been great. I was surprised it came out so focused. I think the scope being well cooled and collimated, really helped. Something you will want to pay a lot of attention too with your large SCT. They hold heat for quite some time. Think you can get SCT coolers. Anyway, cheers for your views. Btw i will be in the market at some point for something bigger for next year jupiter is high. I keep wondering if to try and get a secondhand SCT 11 is my max. Let us know over time what you discover about yours strengths and weaknesses. Ect. 

Cheers

Heya Neil!   I will certainly be using the C11 as much as I can and will share my adventures and thoughts about it,  the good and bad.   :)))))   I will admit to being thrilled with it so far - but I did get ridiculously lucky on weather and seeing for my first light.  haha

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sorrimen said:

A week late, but fantastic images Neil. I’ve got the raw videos for a mosaic waiting but haven’t got round to putting it together. How did you go about creating it? 

Hi Sorrimen. If you mean How did i join it. I used Microsoft ICE. Stacked in AS/3. top wavelet gaussian dyadic registax  and noise reduction

• Thanks 1