Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Soul Nebula "Feature" - data from 3 different years

carastro

Following my recent full  Soul Nebula image, I decided to see what i would get if I combined with data from 2019 and when I went to find it I found it itself has been combined with data taken in 2016.

All with different equipment and all imaged from my garden in SE London

2016 ED80 and Atik314L (3 hours Ha, 45m Oiii and 1hour Sii) =  4 hours 45mins

2019 SW130PDS and Atik460EX (3 hours 20mins Ha, 1 hour Oiii, 1 hour Sii) = 5 hours 20mins

2022 Atik 460EX and SWED72 Ha 30 x 600, Oiii 15 x 300 binned x2, Sii 15 x 300 binned x 2 = 7 hours 30mins

Total imaging time 17 hours 35 minutes

spacer.png

• Like 16

Thanks Guys.

This is a 2nd image where I have combined data from several years and it does seem to work well.  However unless there is something wrong with previous processing, I don't tend to go back to basics and stack it all again, but merely merge the final results from previous years. 

My other image I did in this way was Melotte 15.

Carole  

Edited by carastro

28 minutes ago, carastro said:

Thanks Guys.

This is a 2nd image where I have combined data from several years and it does seem to work well.  However unless there is something wrong with previous processing, I don't tend to go back to basics and stack it all again, but merely merge the final results from previous years. 

My other image I did in this way was Melotte 15.

Carole  

Do you merge them in photoshop? like a 50/50 blend (or whatever percentage works for your data?)
Great result btw! 
Cheers 

Bryan 

• Like 1