Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help to balance my Skywatcher startravel 102 AZ3 Telescope.

Hi i'm looking for some advice please how to balance my Telescope on my NEQ6 mount. When the scope is on the mount it will balance alright when on R.A but the scope will not balance in Dec. The scope just keep going up on the mount, is there any thing i can do to get the scope to balance in Dec please, Thanks for reading. Mark

• Like 1

Hi Carole' This is a photo of my refractor on my NEQ6 mount, i have tried to balance the scope at DEC but the scope keep going up due to it's weight on the back end. I not long bought a longer dove tail for the scope but the two screws keep hitting either side of the mount. So i can not move the dove tail along the mount to balance the scope. The first photo have a short dove tail which came with the scope, The second photo with a longer dove tail, but the two screws stop the scope to balance.  Mark

05.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg