Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew heater recommendations?

Dunk76

Dew heaters seem to be very problematic to me for some reason.  I can't seem to find reliable items.  One of mine failed again last night.  Are they really a consumable item or are there any of decent quality available?

Managed to grab 13x420s last night for this before lens fogged over...  Excuse the rubbish processing.

NGC7000 - North America Nebula.png

Dew bands are usually pretty reliable pieces of equipment.  Mine are Orion branded, a year and a half old and i have no issues at all.  

My original Dew Not Dew heaters came apart where the wire joined the heater, so I ordered - on recommendation - some W&W dew heaters, and they are constructed in a more robust way, and have been very good.  I would certainly recommend them. 

Carole  

• Like 1

I have Kendrick ones - high quality and no problems. Wires are super flexible and designed for all temperatures.  I've also got the new Celestron front mounted one on my RASA 11...  not sure that was a good idea or not, but it's working OK so far.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input folks.   I may be upgrading in the near future.

Problem just diagnosed to a failed usb heater temperature controller.  Bypassed now it so it's running max heat.

Got to love Astro!! 😂

• 1 month later...