Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight WBPS question / issue

Still playing with Pixinsight and having an issue with batch processing, for some reason PI is not recognising my light frames and,  I can run the same data through APP and it all registers, calibrates and stacks fine.  

Ive tried reducing the number of light frames and still no joy?   I also drop my Flat/darks into the Bias section which I assume is correct.

Could I be missing part of the process? Ive watched the tutorials and pretty sure im doing everything right.

652150938_Screenshot2022-10-021928043.png.f55c747c5c4f8bf634e144967530989a.png1050211991_Screenshot2022-10-02192212.png.617f77167341346e60aaf498b4ea599e.png

Screenshot 2022-10-02 193954d.png

Edited by Astroscot2
  • Like 1

Is there anything in the log or the process window that gives you any more information on the error? Did the Master Flat get created correctly in a Master directory in your Output Directory?

Sorry, bit hard to see from a handful of screens, and I've not had this error myself before.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fegato said:

Is there anything in the log or the process window that gives you any more information on the error? Did the Master Flat get created correctly in a Master directory in your Output Directory?

Sorry, bit hard to see from a handful of screens, and I've not had this error myself before.

Hello , Yes I can see the masters for the Darks and Flats.

Screenshot 2022-10-03 184902.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Can you upload the lights and master dark / flat / bias, maybe via Google drive or similar and I will try to run the process ?

Steve

Hello Steve, my google drive is pretty full at the moment. 

• Like 1

Its just from the images you posted I cannot see anything wrong.
Basically put lights in the lights tab, flats in the flats tab, Bias in the bias tab, darks and flat darks (or dark flats whatever you want to call them) in the darks tab.
Lights should have darks at same exposure criteria (exposure time, temperature, gain and offset ), flats also darks (if using flat darks) at same exposure criteria (exposure time, temperature, gain and offset ).

From the calibration tab image that looks okay although I suspect this image is NOT from the first time you tried this as after the first run through it will replace the darks and flats with the master dark and fmaster flat.

You also need to specify a reference frame or select auto and WBPP will select the reference or make one from several frames.
Setup the process icon for CosmeticCorrection (optional).
And without selection various other options I think that is it.

All I can think is maybe there is something in the Fits headers that is making WBPP think that the darks and flats are not compatible with the lights.

Without having a go or seeing the lights and calibration frames it is difficult to say what is happening.

Maybe at least a couple of lights and the master calibration frames would be a start.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I am not sure why you need to do this, there will be a reason but it seems it cannot determine the debayer pattern automatically and if you specify RGGB then it seems to work.

4.thumb.JPG.db2d3baec441626cee2106a3409acfd5.JPG

I will try to find out why it cannot pick this up from the Fits header.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Same as you I can make it work by specifying RGGB as the pattern yet use the debayer process on the files and auto works.....

That was going to be my next step.
So very odd that the PI debayer process works but it fails in WBPP, could it be the flats or darks that it cannot match the pattern with the lights ?

Steve

2 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

I saw somewhere that it is always best to state the debayer pattern as the auto setting does not always work, this was on an Adam Block video if I recall…

There is something about that in his videos I just went through them again but the one I saw about it was that it was not in the fits header and so the Auto method failed. So far the images I checked did have something in the headers to state it was RGGB but not checked them all yet as still running WBPP (slow PC 😞 ) .

Steve

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

There is something about that in his videos I just went through them again but the one I saw about it was that it was not in the fits header and so the Auto method failed. So far the images I checked did have something in the headers to state it was RGGB but not checked them all yet as still running WBPP (slow PC 😞 ) .

Steve

Yes I have watched so many of his videos I lose track of what was in which video….😂😂

But I think it’s prudent to pick the bayer, as it’s one less thing that can go wrong, especially if it’s already been highlighted as a potential fault…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Yes I have watched so many of his videos I lose track of what was in which video….😂😂

But I think it’s prudent to pick the bayer, as it’s one less thing that can go wrong, especially if it’s already been highlighted as a potential fault…

Oh don't get me wrong, this is good advice and agree totally, it's just that WPBB should be capable of picking this up from the Fits header and I am now curious to why.

Steve

• Like 1