Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Simeis 147 - 2 Pane Mosaic in HOO

mightymonoped

Not really happy with this but it's a start I suppose. This target is a bit of a beast to both capture and process, especially using an OSC setup.

Managed to get 2 sessions of around 2.5 hours per pane, so somewhere in the region of 10 hours in total. Will need to get a lot more than that to do this justice though.

This one fought me all the way processing-wise. I'm planning on getting some decent flats before I have another go and will be a little less aggressive on the processing next time round.

Anyway, here's the story so far..

Integrated as individual Ha and OIII extracts in APP then processed as HOO in Photoshop.

Use the ASIair Sky Atlas' mosaic function to plot this and create a Plan. 

WO Redcat51 scope
ASI294mc pro -10 unity gain
EQ6-R Pro
ASIair Pro (running Beta V2 software)

Tony

Simeis147-HOO.png

• Like 12

Much happier with this version (I think 🙂 ).

Added the original 4 Hour middle pane into the whole. Re-integrated as Ha-OIII Colour in APP.

Had to do a lot of playing around with Gradient Xterminator on the starless image. Stretched fairly gently. Also used AstroFlat Pro against the starless image to remove a lot of dark noise before re-merging with star layer.

Tony

Simeis147-HOOv2.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1