Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Name - Same old Bill£

Black Shuck

Hi All,

We have discovered that the £ sign in my user name was causing some problems on my user profile. I'm sure some of you know that my surname is Money hence the £. I often sign informal correspondence as Bill£ (my Grandmother used to do something similar).

However, the easiest thing to do was change my name - so here I am as Black Shuck.

As many of you will know Black Shuck was a "ghost/demon dog" which roamed (or roams :hello2:) the Suffolk country side.

Black Shuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In particular it has links with the village of Blythburgh which is not very far from where I live.

I became Black Shuck on another message board which a group of friends set up to communicate about our camping trips. The board owner (a dear friend of mine) has a bit of a fear of dogs (especially big black ones). Trouble is he still hasn't twigged the significance ;)

Might even change my avatar but I kind of like Barney Gumble (a kindred spirit!! ;)).

Best wishes to all.

Bill (ex £) !:rolleyes:

Black Shuck didn't just frequent Suffolk, he came after me and some mates in Norfolk one night. Had nothing to do with the fact we were drunk. Damn good laxative.

Dennis

I think Norfolk/Suffolk border is his area, although some tales in Essex as well. I must say that I've been followed home by some unholy manifestations after a night on the beer/curry!!:rolleyes:

This is going to take some getting used to - I keep typing Bill£ in my username ;)

All the best

Bill (ex £)

Archived