NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first jupiter with 2.5 powermate and c8 edge

iwols

Looks pretty good for a first attempt. If you mention what the exposure, video duration, fps, percentage stack in AS3 was etc. we could possibly offer some tips. 🙂 Did you use the ADC?

I took some Jupiter videos tonight, first time since last year, at different exposures from 2 to 5mS, and varying video durations, so will see how they compare when i process them tomorrow. The ADC tuning in Firecapture showed quite a large red/blue split and still needed about 20 deg on each ADC lever to correct it at the meridian.

Alan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, symmetal said:

Looks pretty good for a first attempt. If you mention what the exposure, video duration, fps, percentage stack in AS3 was etc. we could possibly offer some tips. 🙂 Did you use the ADC?

I took some Jupiter videos tonight, first time since last year, at different exposures from 2 to 5mS, and varying video durations, so will see how they compare when i process them tomorrow. The ADC tuning in Firecapture showed quite a large red/blue split and still needed about 20 deg on each ADC lever to correct it at the meridian.

Alan

Hi Alan just looked at my settings and they are

Exposure=8.2420ms

Duration=74.825s

ActualFrameRate=72.1552fps

about 60% stack

i also used the adc which didnt seem to make much difference until i went too far and then in introduced colouring,so jury out on that one,processed in astrosurface which has become my new best friend😁

16 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

That's pretty decent for any attempt, awesome for a first one, what camera is it please?

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Mostly RGB colour balance on registax. Nice capture

sgl.png 2.png

hi Neil its a asi462 mc with 2.5x powermate on a c8 edge

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

sgl.png 2.png 75.png

Thanks Neil tried the RGB colour balance in astrosurface but obviously not cracked the method yet😬👍

Your video stats are reasonable Ian though you could try adjusting them a bit.

Your exposure could be reduced to 4 or 5mS and camera gain increase to compenstate. High gain is not an issue in planetary as stacking will remove the noise. This will enable a higher framerate. Also select 'high speed' option in camera config and use 8 bit capture to maximize framerate.

Depending on your camera you should manage 200fps at 5mS exposure and a ROI big enough to just surround the planet. At 4mS I was getting 237fps with my ASI224MC.

You stack percentage in AS3 is rather high. I usually select multiple stack percentages from 5 to 20% depending on what the quality graph looks like. You need around 1000 frames as a minimum stack amount and 20% will give 1000 frames from your video. At a higher framerate this will be higher.

The quality graph gives a good indication of best stack percentage. The grey graph is the frames as recorded while the green graph is them sorted in order from best to worst. You don't want frames below 50% quality in the stack if you can avoid it. 25% includes those frames from the left up to the first blue line. Your 60% would include some rather poor frames which degrades the result.

Main.png.8907d7b677fcf303f4cac79cee7faa5f.png

Alan

• Like 1