NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Castle and a River...

...two from August 30th.  Both using static tripod and Sequator for stacking sky exposures blended with light painted foreground exposures in Photoshop. 

Pendragon Castle, bit of an ordeal as there is a big ditch/moat to navigate.  The rock beds on the River Swale...composition hasn't really worked however it was fantastic in the middle of the flowing water under the stars  :) Paul  PS Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  Clicks for optimum viewing.

PC 06.jpg

IMG_8776-Edit sml.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 11

30 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Oh my, yes.

Here in the USA we don't have the incredible old buildings you have.

We have old, but you have ancient!

Your post reminded me of my time at RAF Leuchars in NE Fife.  We were hosting some USAF aircrew who were taking part in our annual Battle of Britain Airshow. I think they were up from RAF Mildenhall down in Suffolk and were quite keen to see around the area. They were big golf fans and were keen to see round St Andrews which is only about 3 miles out.  Walking back from one of our nights out we passed St Athernase church in Leuchars village. One of the USAF crew commented how he liked the church and asked if it was Victorian. He howled with laughter when we told him it predated the United Stated of America by some 500 years  (it dates from 1185).  I suspect that the roof has been replaced several time though :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Athernase_Church

Jim 

St Athernase.jpg

Edited by saac
  • Like 2