NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DEW Bands

50cm is long for a 5V heater band which I guess is why you are struggling.
Generally I have seen them up to 30cm and even the odd 40cm, I thought I havd found one HERE on Amazon but I read the feedback which says it was only 43cm.

I know it might be expensive but you could by two 25 cm bands as they should just velcro together as one and then use two USB ports (not ideal I know).
If not in a hurry you can get them from China for around £15 each rather than the £30+ you would normally pay.

Steve

4 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Not this one is it ?
I only ask because feedback suggests it is only 43cm.
image.thumb.png.344a14403038f4eda43e6f7bd0fc2724.png

The below is 16.9 inchs long.  That should make it, or maybe i neee more coffee before doing math

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Can any body tell me where I can purchase a 5v at least 50cm

I was wondering if a piece of velcro strip could be used to compete the circle using the product here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Temperature-Regulator-Universal-Telescopes-Eyepieces/dp/B08LGRVF9C giving you the 50cm needed. I have one of these and do not use the regulator as mine would cut out after a few hours and needed to be reset, but without the regulator it gets nice and warm and I have never had any dew issues on my 80mm scope, so maybe a solution to heat a larger aperture. If you are Amazon Prime you can return it free of charge if no good.

Adrian

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Varavall said:

I was wondering if a piece of velcro strip could be used to compete the circle using the product here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Temperature-Regulator-Universal-Telescopes-Eyepieces/dp/B08LGRVF9C giving you the 50cm needed. I have one of these and do not use the regulator as mine would cut out after a few hours and needed to be reset, but without the regulator it gets nice and warm and I have never had any dew issues on my 80mm scope, so maybe a solution to heat a larger aperture. If you are Amazon Prime you can return it free of charge if no good.

Adrian

That is a good idea if I need another one I could do this I use two on my 4" so if I have to use two on the 5" this would be a cheaper option and because its an extra one I wouldn't need it to go all the way around so thanks for that. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heater-Temperature-Regulator-Astronomy-Telescope/dp/B08LG4B41T/ref=asc_df_B08LG4B41T/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463264511915&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11443379532803764471&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007064&hvtargid=pla-1149315429486&psc=1

Just got one of these from Amazon there a couple of quid more but the heated part is perfect on a 120 ed frac then the stretchy velcro goes well beyond .

Thought it was faulty at first as it only worked on low and medium but looked like this was down to the power supply used as when plugged into a higher amp power supply all good.

40 minutes ago, dnl said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heater-Temperature-Regulator-Astronomy-Telescope/dp/B08LG4B41T/ref=asc_df_B08LG4B41T/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463264511915&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11443379532803764471&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007064&hvtargid=pla-1149315429486&psc=1

Just got one of these from Amazon there a couple of quid more but the heated part is perfect on a 120 ed frac then the stretchy velcro goes well beyond .

Thought it was faulty at first as it only worked on low and medium but looked like this was down to the power supply used as when plugged into a higher amp power supply all good.

Yes mine only works on low and medium if you go higher just knocks off.