Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 7th August

neil phillips

Seeing was so so. Not the worst. But certainly not as good as the 10th and 11th of July. Anyway its not easy in UK skies But still enjoyable trying.  Two moons have survived the processing i suspect. 

Orion 245 mm Newt QHY 462C ZWO ADC Baader Q Barlow Baader UV IR Cut SW EQ5 PRO

RGB

00_16_15_pipp_ 80.png g.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 13

Thats still a high quality Saturn image Neil, Like you that great night on the 10th of july seems to be our benchmark by which we are compairing our new data. I've imaged saturn 3 times since then and I still can't get anywhere near the quality of that night. I'm still not giving up yet though.😀

41 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Thats still a high quality Saturn image Neil, Like you that great night on the 10th of july seems to be our benchmark by which we are compairing our new data. I've imaged saturn 3 times since then and I still can't get anywhere near the quality of that night. I'm still not giving up yet though.😀

Agreed those great nights are almost mythical, Hard to predict too without setting up. Only to find mush for the most part

34 minutes ago, Dragon_Astro said:

That is bonkers, yet very tempting 🤔😂

lol many years ago i had a camcorder stuck on a 16" newtonian. with chains and weights hanging off the back. before the days of planetary cameras. It couldnt be controlled though. But i did get some drifts. 

If you havent got a lot of dosh it can be done. Wind is the biggest problem. But on windless nights. its ok. About 11kgs if i remember. Its not just the weight though. its quite a long Newt at F6.3 The see saw effect on windy nights is quite bad. 

Edited by neil phillips