NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW 100ED

5 hours ago, Carl Au said:

I did the same, and yes, it does make a big difference. I think I would like them more if they were white. Black is a stupid colour for a telescope. I used to own a black OO dob, I nearly tripped over it in the dark loads of times. Telescopes are white for a reason 

Don't get me started about the 'Black Diamond' paint finish. At least there's some white bits on my Evostars lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bosun21 said:

Why did you sell both of them?

Hi Ian,

Fair question..

I think the best way I can answer it is to refer you to this thread I started back in 2017 regarding how I acquired my second one..

I hope you find the read informative, and whatever you decide I wish you well with your search for a new quality refractor.

Dave

47 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Hi Ian,

Fair question..

I think the best way I can answer it is to refer you to this thread I started back in 2017 regarding how I acquired my second one..

I hope you find the read informative, and whatever you decide I wish you well with your search for a new quality refractor.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I’ve been looking on eBay, ABS etc to no avail. That was an interesting read and a bit of a gamble on the 100EDs. Thankfully it all paid off for you. I will have one last survey of the sites tonight, and if no joy I’ll pull the trigger on a new Starfield 102 from FLO. Knowing my luck a Vixen 102EDs will pop up. Oh well what will be, will be.

Ian 

• Like 2

On 31/07/2022 at 20:36, Adam J said:

The SW 100ED is not well suited to imaging at a native F9.

Adam

With the reducer you can image bright dso images like globs and some bright  galaxies, small star clusters and a small amount of nebulas like M27.

Unless you have a sensitive camera that's your limit.

You may want to add into consideration the SVBONY 102ED/7 as well?

These seem quite good to me (I bought mine direct from the company, with reducer/flattener, and I am awaiting for a guide scope etc to complement it)

N.F.

2 hours ago, nfotis said:

You may want to add into consideration the SVBONY 102ED/7 as well?

These seem quite good to me (I bought mine direct from the company, with reducer/flattener, and I am awaiting for a guide scope etc to complement it)

N.F.

Yes I was looking at the SVbony 102/7 as well as a few others. I have pulled the trigger on the Starfield 102/7 as I really want the FPL53/Lanthanum lenses. I’m looking forward to it’s delivery from FLO.

7 hours ago, bosun21 said:

Yes I was looking at the SVbony 102/7 as well as a few others. I have pulled the trigger on the Starfield 102/7 as I really want the FPL53/Lanthanum lenses. I’m looking forward to it’s delivery from FLO.

Congratulations, you just bought an extremely well build refractor with excellent optics.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Carl Au said:

Congratulations, you just bought an extremely well build refractor with excellent optics.  

As Astro baby once said of the TAL 100 R/RS, but can equally be said of KUO refractors I feel "It's a very appealing looking telescope with bags of character and soul and feels like a real scientific instrument rather than a piece of consumer electronics"

• Like 1