NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

just for fun

neil phillips

Not going to set the world alight with quality. But was star testing my bresser 127l achromatic refractor. (which i mostly now use as a solar scope)

I recently banged it hence the star testing. (It was fine) While it was out, thought i would try and capture Saturn.  Its not about only posting our best shots. Someone with a achro may find it both interesting and or informative. Poor seeing.

ZWO ADC Baader 495 longpass UV IR cut.  QHY 462C SW EQ5 PRO Baader Q Barlow

00_40_09_lapl8_ap3_Drizzle15.tif 75.png s.png

Another capture

second saturn.png con.png 90.png s.png

bresser.jpg

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 19

Superb achro shot Neil, the detail & colour look great, no chromatic aberration that i can see either well done indeed!

As you know i have the older version of the very same scope & just shows in the right hands what is a achievable from a budget frac!

9 minutes ago, si@nite said:

Superb achro shot Neil, the detail & colour look great, no chromatic aberration that i can see either well done indeed!

As you know i have the older version of the very same scope & just shows in the right hands what is a achievable from a budget frac!

Thanks Simon. There was plenty of CA. I did quite a bit of processing to minimize its effect. But CA Aside they are indeed great budget Achromats. Its a lot of lens for the £180 I paid off here