Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 11 th July superb seeing

stuy

I have been getting the last couple of weeks at 2,30 am to observe The planets and up until now the seeing has been around 6/10 at best but all that changed on the morning of the 11th ! Got up at 2,30. The observatory was opened 5 hours earlier to cool the scope .

straight onto Saturn as I focused I could see no atmospheric turbulence as I began to rack through to focus and then it just snapped into focus the globe was showing distinct banding darker at the poles   The  Cassini division looked perfect A and B  and C rings I knew then it was  going to be  special after gazing at Saturn for around half an hour I moved straight onto Jupiter and thinking please be the same and yes it was stock still looking like a screen shot of a high end ccd image!!

NPR had mottled look the NEB had lots of structure and the EZ looked stunning reminiscent of a thick carpet swirls in all directions the SEB looks split into distinct bands full of structures SSTzr  showing 2 small white ovals  this truly was an exceptional morning I observed until 4.20 AM  and I knew if I had doubts on my new scope they are gone , it’s times like this that make it all worth the effort to get up every time it’s clear  set up was as follows I tried various eyepiece combinations zeiss , Pentax but the taks orthos  gave a “HD” effect, I could of increased magnification I did try over 500x but it showed the same amount of details but a bit softer I do prefer the HD effect 

9” Lzos APM  zeiss apo binoviewer 6mm takahashi orthos 342x

• Like 12

On 12/07/2022 at 22:29, stuy said:

I have been getting the last couple of weeks at 2,30 am to observe The planets and up until now the seeing has been around 6/10 at best but all that changed on the morning of the 11th ! Got up at 2,30. The observatory was opened 5 hours earlier to cool the scope .

straight onto Saturn as I focused I could see no atmospheric turbulence as I began to rack through to focus and then it just snapped into focus the globe was showing distinct banding darker at the poles   The  Cassini division looked perfect A and B  and C rings I knew then it was  going to be  special after gazing at Saturn for around half an hour I moved straight onto Jupiter and thinking please be the same and yes it was stock still looking like a screen shot of a high end ccd image!!

NPR had mottled look the NEB had lots of structure and the EZ looked stunning reminiscent of a thick carpet swirls in all directions the SEB looks split into distinct bands full of structures SSTzr  showing 2 small white ovals  this truly was an exceptional morning I observed until 4.20 AM  and I knew if I had doubts on my new scope they are gone , it’s times like this that make it all worth the effort to get up every time it’s clear  set up was as follows I tried various eyepiece combinations zeiss , Pentax but the taks orthos  gave a “HD” effect, I could of increased magnification I did try over 500x but it showed the same amount of details but a bit softer I do prefer the HD effect 

9” Lzos APM  zeiss apo binoviewer 6mm takahashi orthos 342x

It was a lovely morning. Nice Report Stuy. 

• Like 1