Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What do I need....

paul mc c

Hello,I have a few quid burning a hole in my pocket,around £1000,what do I really need.

I have a nice 102 ed frac, an eq6r-pro, a 533 mc pro that I like,power box, all the hardware  need for AP, nice laptop, what would you spend the money on. Used gear is always my first stop.

Paul.

Edited by paul mc c

Maybe need to give more info..I have a filter drawer ,Idas lp filter,uvir filter,127 mak and SW 200 ota. Thought about a asiair,but really like Nina with the laptop. Also maybe upgrade my 102 ed, really don't know.

10 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

An Observatory. Up and running in ten mins (self build for a £1000) or even a second hand pulsar dome, I got my dome for £1,500 second hand, a little over your budget though. 

Also have to mention...have an obsy😳,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

You need a WO ZS73 with both the flattener and reducer. Alongside your existing collection you'll be able to image just about anything in the sky.

Graeme

Good shout...would it be suited to the 533mc?

I think so. (others might not).  These were taken with the 533MC through my ZS73 (the heart is with the reducer and still too big so I've just got a 2600mc so I can fit the knobby bit in :) ). All these are from quite short sessions and I'm still learning the processing so not perfect by any means.

Graeme

heart copy.jpg

m42(2).jpg

pleiades 2.jpg

With your equipment, @Budgie1 is on the right track recommending a dual narrowband filter. I had the Optolong L-Pro, now have an Optolong L-Enhance and recently got the Antlia ALP-T. For as long as I've got an OSC, I'm not letting go of the Antlia. Worth every pence. With the change from a cool grand you could look at an EAF if you don't already have one?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

I think so. (others might not).  These were taken with the 533MC through my ZS73 (the heart is with the reducer and still too big so I've just got a 2600mc so I can fit the knobby bit in :) ). All these are from quite short sessions and I'm still learning the processing so not perfect by any means.

Graeme

heart copy.jpg

m42(2).jpg

pleiades 2.jpg

I love the thought process 

"I can't quite fit all of the heart nebula into frame.  Maybe I should do a mosaic?  Nah.  I'll get a bigger sensor.  That nobbly bit deserves it"

Imho that is one of my favourite renditions of the heart nebula.  You've struck a really nice balance between nebulosity and stars.  So many images have them completely removed.

I'm an absolute beginner, but the stars provide a really nice depth of field.  Makes it feel like the left but of nebulosity is closer.

• Like 1