Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which base camera

3 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

I think that most convincing implementation is in AS!3. There is little if any difference in level of detail of planets in OSC vs mono if both are properly sampled and conditions are good.

Yes I for planets / lucky imaging I can see why that would work out. 

Adam 

1 hour ago, vlaiv said:

I think that most convincing implementation is in AS!3. There is little if any difference in level of detail of planets in OSC vs mono if both are properly sampled and conditions are good.

Probably due to the inherent dithering of planetary imaging 

• Like 1

For OP, bottom line is I would not worry too much about 2.9um pixels on OSC at your focal length, you can certainly bin the final image in software ;)

Adam 

Edited by Adam J

6 hours ago, scotty38 said:

it's remotely possible I'd save your money until you have enough for a 533MC. For all intents and purposes it could be all the camera anyone ever needs 🙂

You might think that BUT..  I've had my 533 for a year and just this week shelled out for an ASI2600MC pro as, even with my zs73 reduced I can't fit some objects on the 533's square sensor - e.g. the sticky out bit of the heart nebula. :)

Graeme

1 minute ago, jacko61 said:

You might think that BUT..  I've had my 533 for a year and just this week shelled out for an ASI2600MC pro as, even with my zs73 reduced I can't fit some objects on the 533's square sensor - e.g. the sticky out bit of the heart nebula. :)

Graeme

I did say it "could" and "need" to be fair.... You could have created a mosaic 🙂

Not my fault you "wanted" a new camera 🙂 🙂

Just now, scotty38 said:

I did say it "could" and "need" to be fair.... You could have created a mosaic 🙂

Hah!. I'm in central Scotland. We barely get enough clear sky for an hour or two of OSC imaging per month never mind trying to get multiple angles of the same object. :D

Graeme

6 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

Hah!. I'm in central Scotland. We barely get enough clear sky for an hour or two of OSC imaging per month never mind trying to get multiple angles of the same object. :D

Have you considered using 2 scopes mounted side by side ? 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Have you considered using 2 scopes mounted side by side ? 😉

The problem is once you do that you then want three. Why not get RGB on separate scopes you ask yourself. 

Don't worry, very interesting read. Work unfortunately spoils my day. This is just a start off, so small bright dso and clusters I enjoy. The future will bring better equipment so looking at a start point, to play with etc under goodish conditions the 585 seems alright with the fov I can get with my scope. YT has details on how to mod my d80, seems like I can do that for the larger objects. But getting it to go over 30 seconds is another question with the software. That will need a cable release not the ir I have. 

Thank you all for the information, and happy to keep it coming.

OK. So looking at the altair hypercam 533c and would like to know how that holds up against the zwo? Also looking at the gpcam2 imx224 for planets and guiding.  Would this be a good combo? Defo can not go with a begging  bowl to my wife again.

Edited by sinbad40