Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7000 taken from North Cornwall

AstroNebulee

Hi

Here is my version of NGC 7000 the North American Nebula taken over 3 sessions on 27th, 28th May and 1st June. 
52x180 sec images 120 gain -10 degrees for a total of 2 hours and 36 mins. With 30x darks, flats and flat darks. 
Taken with my:
Skywatcher 72 ed ds pro
Az Gti in EQ mode
Asiair Pro
Zwo asi 294mc Pro using my Astronomik L3 Filter
Processed and fudged with Photoshop CS4 and Starnett ++2

Stacked in Dss. 

When I can I'll add more data to it but I'm happy with this so far, little things need ironing out on the image but a beginner in processing.
Clear skies
Lee

ngc 7000 3 nights combine.png

Edited by AstroNebulee
Add info
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LaurenceT said:

Superb image, well done Lee.

Thank you Laurence, I'm pleased you like it, I really did try with this image, slowly refining my workflow and the L3 filter really helps processing now, just figuring out a good way to introduce the stars back in, will try moro 😊

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I have seen so many versions of this target it should get boring.
But it doesn't, and honestly that is one of the better versions I have seen, absolutely superb.

Steve

Wow thank you Steve, that's so kind to say. I'm pleased you feel that way about it 😌. Yep it gets imaged a lot but I wanted to try it with my 294 mc pro as last year I tried it with dslr, so revisiting all last years dslr targets and re capturing with my osc. 

Cheers 

Lee 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

Wow thank you Steve, that's so kind to say. I'm pleased you feel that way about it 😌. Yep it gets imaged a lot but I wanted to try it with my 294 mc pro as last year I tried it with dslr, so revisiting all last years dslr targets and re capturing with my osc. 

Cheers 

Lee 

Its a target definitely worth revisiting, especially when it fits your FOV so nicely like that 🙂 
Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took about 15 seconds with default settings.  

You did an excellent job at processing. I just couldn't resist trying. Probably could have reduced the nr setting.

Jim1373390423_ngc70003nightscombine.png.0c3ae560ab92e4e3096632f4d748b7d2_NXT.thumb.png.bee8188971e8c3e48d5f11b4febaf6a8.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juno16 said:

Took about 15 seconds with default settings.  

You did an excellent job at processing. I just couldn't resist trying. Probably could have reduced the nr setting.

Jim1373390423_ngc70003nightscombine.png.0c3ae560ab92e4e3096632f4d748b7d2_NXT.thumb.png.bee8188971e8c3e48d5f11b4febaf6a8.png

Thank you, it does look good. I'm going to try getting more data on it if possible to reduce the noise as only 2.5 hours worth. I still have my NX trial so will have a look. 

Edit.... I had a go with my astronomy tools space NR and a high pas after and looks pretty much the same as NX

Cheers 

Lee 

Ngc-7000-3-nights-combined-copy.png

Edited by AstroNebulee
addition
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you, it does look good. I'm going to try getting more data on it if possible to reduce the noise as only 2.5 hours worth. I still have my NX trial so will have a look. 

Edit.... I had a go with my astronomy tools space NR and a high pas after and looks pretty much the same as NX

Cheers 

Lee 

Ngc-7000-3-nights-combined-copy.png

That works! Nice processing!

Jim

• Thanks 1