Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hubble Palette - 1st Attempt

Having recently acquired a new laptop, I thought I'd download Pixinsight to see what all the fuss was about. 

Have always wanted to make a Hubble style images, and have always struggled to get satisfactory results in Photoshop. So, this is my first attempt using Pixinsight. 

Most of the processing was actually done months ago in PS, but I split the channels and recombined in Pixelmath using PI, to give a Hubble Palette effect. The original data was captured with an L-enhance filter and ZWO 533 MC pro camera.

244031240_HubbleFinalPS.thumb.png.a5e325312a6806704704b54db4557673.png

• Like 11

Thanks everyone for their kind comments. Regarding PI, I was a bit apprehensive about it to begin with, because of all the comments about it being very unintuitive etc. But I've actually found it easier to pick up than Photoshop, even though the names of some of the processes are a bit ridiculous. But I'm still in the trial period at the minute, and I'm still undecided whether I'm going to buy a licence just yet(mainly because I'm skint😭

13 hours ago, scotty38 said:

ignore the attempts to drag you away from PI

I wasnt trying to drag him away from PI 🙂 just suggesting alternatives if budget is a constraint. PI is a great tool and has a lot more to offer than Siril.

2 minutes ago, AstroMuni said:

I wasnt trying to drag him away from PI 🙂 just suggesting alternatives if budget is a constraint. PI is a great tool and has a lot more to offer than Siril.

I know hence the smiley 🙂