Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece Sets: Revelation/Optical Vision Offer

I've recently purchased a Skywatcher Explorer 130PM, my first scope!

When researching my purchase i found (via the optical vision website) that there is an offer where i can purchase a filter and eyepiece set from Optical Vision for £69. You can find this easily if you look for the above telescope on optical visions site.

Looking at a review in Sky at Night Magazine i see they recommend the Revelation Photo-Visual Kit at £130ish. What would be interesting is if anyone has an opinion regarding the OP kit. Its at a good price compared to others, but i suppose what i am after is the knowledge that the discounted kit is of the same (or better) quality. Or should i look to another bigger brand - celestron/meade?

Thanks in advance chaps/chapesses

I can't recall what the other thread says but I have tried some of the Skywatcher LER eyepieces and was not impressed I'm afraid. Just about the only Skywatcher products that I would not recommend.

I think the Revelation set would be a much better bet.

John

I purchased the Celestron eyepiece set from FLO. This too was at the £130 mark i think, and I'm quiet pleased with it. It comes with a selection on eyepieces and filters plus the added bonus of a 2x barlow.

Andy

Unfortunately the original (bargain-price) Revelation eyepiece set has been discontinued. When we restock (due 4-6 weeks) it will be the new Revelation photo visual eyepiece set priced at around £130.

The new set is sourced from the same Taiwanese factory so will be equal in quality to the original set and be considerably better than the regular eyepieces supplied 'free' with most telescopes.

HTH

I have the skywatcher 130 and looked at the optical vision set, good value for the amount of kit but the 2mm eyepiece takes magnification to 325x a bit to much for this scope i think, but i was very lucky to find one of the old set of revelation eyepieces for £65 and this set is a very good deal except there is no barlow with it as the one sent with the skyatchet 130 is poor quality so need to purchase a good one extra, prices to have risen over the last month but second hand do come to the market.

Thanks for the input chaps. Most appreciated.

I've decided, perhaps not as wise as your replies suggest and gone for the optical vision offer, as i have also found posts on here from people recommending it, and as it was a decent offer (can't really grumble at £69).

OK, so i've got the eyepieces, i've worked out that i attache the filters to the bottom of the eyepiece (process of elimination due to the poor manual) but am now noticing that the uppermost (rubberised) part can be turned this then moves it up and down, i can't see this moving the lens so presume this is more an adjustment for comfort?

Thanks

Matt

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately the original (bargain-price) Revelation eyepiece set has been discontinued. When we restock (due 4-6 weeks) it will be the new Revelation photo visual eyepiece set priced at around £130.

The new set is sourced from the same Taiwanese factory so will be equal in quality to the original set and be considerably better than the regular eyepieces supplied 'free' with most telescopes.

HTH

The Revelation photo visual eyepiece set is now finally in stock!

:)

Archived