NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mosaic for anyone to play with

neil phillips

Ive made a mosaic of this but having trouble blending it in. I dont own photopshop. 

If anyone is interested in having a play. The individual panes are quite good quality. Low noise high detail. and very large mosaic once built and seen full size. 

If any ones bored and thinks they could get a good result. 

15_26_54_lapl5_ap1166.png

15_30_11_lapl5_ap1164.png

15_32_28_lapl5_ap1495.png

15_38_32_lapl5_ap1493.png

15_41_07_lapl5_ap1178.png

15_43_24_lapl5_ap1419.png

15_45_14_lapl5_ap1295.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Victor Boesen said:

I'm not by my PC right now so can't try myself. However, have you tried Microsoft ICE?

Yes it doesnt work 

imerge works but it requires some kind of after blending. photoshop might work. But i dont have it. I have a mosaic done but not happy with it. I need to check my data i can see differences on the posted sections here lol

I think the slight differences might be stacking differences ive just checked. And cant see any processing differences levels sharpening ect. Its either capture or stacking. hard to to do much about that. The stacks should go together. 

Its no big deal if no one fancies a go at the moment. The data will be left on here. so anyone can muck about it with it later if they fancied it. 

15 minutes ago, Yawning Angel said:

Always game for a mosaic processing battle, so thank you for the data!

Photoshop said 'No, nope not gonna do that automatically!', so this is a by hand alignment using layers set to 'Difference' then blended with 'Blend Layers'

Manual.thumb.png.b3a763b7b0b577b6075e857a1e69e672.png

Hi Alex very nice, well done. If i am going to do this kind of thing more. Clearly i need to get photoshop. Didnt seem to take you long. So i am guessing from that the procedure wasnt too time intensive ? not sure if i will  get photoshop. (not sure of the current cost ? suspect its not cheap ) But if i do ?  Would you mind if i pmd you ? would you be able to walk me through. Its not something ive done before.

Once again excellent blend.  Should be getting a baader continuum filter soon. Hopefully i can increase the quality a bit more. i should also switch to imaging film. Instead of visual. 

Nice touch Alex. I can still see a bit of difference at small size. Not so much  full size.

Do you think the technique is viable. can it be smoothed out to the point of no difference ? 

Edited by neil phillips

10 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

suspect its not cheap ) But if i do ?  Would you mind if i pmd you ? would you be able to walk me through. Its not something ive done before.

That's fine Neil, PM away 🙂 I think PS + Lightroom as a sub is £10 per month, give or take. There are older versions for a one off cost...but some of the newer automatic features might be missing

12 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Once again excellent blend.  Should be getting a baader continuum filter soon. Hopefully i can increase the quality a bit more. i should also switch to imaging film. Instead of visual. 

It looks great quality as it is. Maybe some flats might help with the illumination, but they can be tricky with so much sensor coverage

14 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice touch Alex. I can still see a bit of difference at small size. Not so much  full size.

I made no real effort to match up the colour, I just let PS do it's thing. I think trimming some of the overlap in the centre might help, so that the more even layers have priority

15 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Do you think the technique is viable. can it be smoothed out to the point of no difference ? 

I'm confined to my office for the day, with the dreaded C word - so I'll have a play 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yawning Angel said:

That's fine Neil, PM away 🙂 I think PS + Lightroom as a sub is £10 per month, give or take. There are older versions for a one off cost...but some of the newer automatic features might be missing

It looks great quality as it is. Maybe some flats might help with the illumination, but they can be tricky with so much sensor coverage

I made no real effort to match up the colour, I just let PS do it's thing. I think trimming some of the overlap in the centre might help, so that the more even layers have priority

I'm confined to my office for the day, with the dreaded C word - so I'll have a play 🙂

Thank you again Alex. You have been a real help. Much appreciate the response. Hope you recover quickly from the damn virus. Will pm at some point TC 

I Have just clicked on SGL Alex. Wow thats very smooth. Looks very good. I can see you have sorted out the slight centre problem in your original post. As you said you dont mind i will definitely PM you. You said you had the C  word. So might be better when your feeling a bit better. I don't want to start picking your brains. If your feeling a bit under the weather. But appreciate you having a go on this. My version looked more uneven. But I don't own photoshop yet.  As your aware I have only recently got interested in doing white light solar. So up until now not really encountered this problem or its solution. Lunar and planetary doesn't really have the same problem. So its not something I have have had to get my head around. Once again appreciate the interaction Alex. 

And very nice processing stitching on that. 

Will pm when i am aware your feeling more yourself. Cheers 

20 minutes ago, Yawning Angel said:

and colourised...

Colourised.thumb.png.149e5a1d867569ea3811cd31aae3adc5.png

Nice Alex. i was experimenting with photoshop build myself. ( your version )  the colour is a bit random my end. Its all new to me this kind of astronomy. Been a night owl for many years 

more yellow than orange

Sun white light 17th April Bresser R 127l.png C.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

I had a little play Neil, but no luck either. Excellent end result from @Yawning Angel though, very nicely done. 

Cheers for having a look Pete

It does seem to require some photoshop magic. Or something similar by the looks. Not something I am accustomed too. Alex doing a top job.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I haven't had a go yet but I have found ICE will do a tricky mosaic if it's built up slowly. Two images save them repeat by adding one image to the pair save then repeat adding one image to the trio save then repeat.

Strange i tried just two, still no joy. Wonder if the focal length makes a difference. I am at 1200mm ?

Hi

I have quickly created the mosaic  using GIMP and coloured it a nice sunny yellow. This is a manual task, but not too complicated. The layers need to be blended to even up the colour across the disk, which is of course another manual task for which there are online tutorials. I'm a cheapskate and if I can avoid paying for the likes of Photoshop and PixInsight I can spend more on actual kit! I tried using ICE, but no joy even on just 2 frames. Hope you find this interesting.

Adrian

mosaic.thumb.png.280ae1c0b196715f63bf82e6db3a417a.png