Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIAIR Plus

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 19:28, Rossco72 said:

Can't wait to get mine and get started with the faffing around to get it working right!

ย 

How long did it take to get the workflow right so it just works?

Hi Rossco,ย 

I had the original ASIAIR and it was a nightmare to get operational. Wouldn't connect, didn't recognise my mount etc. A royal pain, so I sold it and swore i'd never look back. I have to say, the 'plus' is a completely different beast. Perfect connection, not a glitch in the matrix and 100% functional control over all equipment. Set up took about 1hr, from out of the box to first image. I haven't used my Laptop since. No more APT, PHD2, Sharpcap etc. Also, the new firmware update that allows you to frame up your target is a fantastic tool. I can only speak from my own experience, but it has totally simplified my imaging sessions. Love it.ย 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, recceranger said:

Hi Rossco,ย 

I had the original ASIAIR and it was a nightmare to get operational. Wouldn't connect, didn't recognise my mount etc. A royal pain, so I sold it and swore i'd never look back. I have to say, the 'plus' is a completely different beast. Perfect connection, not a glitch in the matrix and 100% functional control over all equipment. Set up took about 1hr, from out of the box to first image. I haven't used my Laptop since. No more APT, PHD2, Sharpcap etc. Also, the new firmware update that allows you to frame up your target is a fantastic tool. I can only speak from my own experience, but it has totally simplified my imaging sessions. Love it.ย 

Mine has arrived and cameras, filter wheel and NEQ6 all talk nice and seem to work as they should. I say seem to as we are stuck in a 6 week cloud cover and counting...

I am currently trying to get it to communicate with my Celestron CGE mount, but there seems to be all sorts of Stories about ASIAIR and Celestron being a difficult marriage which is a shame because the CGE is a far better mount.

If all else fails though, its good to know the NEQ6 works just as it should.A8731395-9966-4AC7-AC2F-EF3B00A96EE1.thumb.jpeg.dd57de344dfa8883019a7b37e27d66a7.jpeg

Now if one of my EAFs would just show up!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just started using the Air+ since changing all my gear over from a GEM45 and Altair 102, using the MGEN with my Fuji XT1, to a lighter weight kit, ASKAR FRA400, ASI533MC, and ZWO AM5. Not being a previous user I am still getting used to the way it works, but it all seems pretty seamless in operation and works like a charm. As a new user, it would be useful to be able to familiarise myself with the app screens, but it only works when the ASIAair is running.

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 15/07/2022 at 10:30, The Admiral said:

I've only just started using the Air+ since changing all my gear over from a GEM45 and Altair 102, using the MGEN with my Fuji XT1, to a lighter weight kit, ASKAR FRA400, ASI533MC, and ZWO AM5. Not being a previous user I am still getting used to the way it works, but it all seems pretty seamless in operation and works like a charm. As a new user, it would be useful to be able to familiarise myself with the app screens, but it only works when the ASIAair is running.

Ian

I agree Ian, a little bit frustrating.ย  Would also like to be able to frame up a shot and save to plan for later

ย 

15 hours ago, Astroscot2 said:

I agree Ian, a little bit frustrating.ย  Would also like to be able to frame up a shot and save to plan for later

ย 

There is an option to save a target as another name, not sure if this can be used in a plan though.

15 hours ago, Astroscot2 said:

Would also like to be able to frame up a shot and save to plan for later

ย 

Can't help thinking there must be a way. I know that you can use a pre-existing sub to re-align the gear in order to continue a session, but I'm not sure how you can pre-save a new FoV without actually imaging.

Ian

I have two asi air pros and without that red little box I wouldnโ€™t be able to Astro as I have never even polar aligned by eye! It does everything from PA to dither its hands down the single piece of equipment I couldnโ€™t be without no AAP no Astro for me ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Simon Pepper
  • Like 4