Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

German Precision Optics 'GPO' Binoculars

German Precision Optics are a relatively new company founded by Richard Schmidt - the former CEO of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics and the optical designer responsible for many of Zeiss' best known binoculars. 

All GPO binoculars are designed in Germany then manufactured, to their specification, in China or Japan. 

GPO Passion ED binoculars are made in China and represent the best available from that country. 

GPO Passion HD binoculars are made in Japan and are comparable with models from the very best premium brands! 

We know the China vs Japan quality gap grows smaller every year but, currently, Japanese manufacturers still make the best optics. 

Stock will begin arriving at our warehouse mid-end April, thereafter all models will be in stock for overnight delivery. 

GPO Passion ED 32mm Binoculars

gpo_passion_ed_32_8x32_blk_3%5B3%5D.jpg

GPO Passion ED 42mm Binoculars

gpo_passion_ed_42_blk_1%5B3%5D.jpg

GPO Passion ED 56mm Binoculars

gpo_passion_ed_56_1.jpg

GPO Passion HD 42mm Binoculars

gpo_passion_hd_42_1.jpg

GPO Passion HD 50mm Binoculars

gpo_passion_hd_50_sgl.jpg.dcac3d9cb23d1a206e26c8ea2795bd8b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Over the last two years the pandemic made us extraordinarily busy. Interest in astronomy sky-rocketed!

To meet the increased demand we doubled our staff and have been working long hours but I confess the birding & nature side of our business was rather neglected. Sorry ☺️

Interest in astronomy remains high but supply is slowly catching up with demand so we can relax a little and give our birding & nature optics the time and attention they deserve. Watch this space ... 🙂 

Steve

• Like 4

19 hours ago, FLO said:

Over the last two years the pandemic made us extraordinarily busy. Interest in astronomy sky-rocketed!

To meet the increased demand we doubled our staff and have been working long hours but I confess the birding & nature side of our business was rather neglected. Sorry ☺️

Interest in astronomy remains high but supply is slowly catching up with demand so we can relax a little and give our birding & nature optics the time and attention they deserve. Watch this space ... 🙂 

Steve

Does this mean we might see some new spotting scopes in the near future? I had been thinking of a Pentax or Celestron spotting scope, but might hang on a while to see what turns up.

25 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

Does this mean we might see some new spotting scopes in the near future? 

Yes. I am sure you will 🙂 

Sales of terrestrial spotting scopes have been in decline for some time because birders and nature enthusiast are increasingly using long lenses on a DSLR to photograph what they see. But there are still those who prefer a purely visual experience. Similar to imaging vs visual for astronomy. 

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FLO said:

Yes. I am sure you will 🙂 

Sales of terrestrial spotting scopes have been in decline for some time because birders and nature enthusiast are increasingly using long lenses on a DSLR to photograph what they see. But there are still those who prefer a purely visual experience. Similar to imaging vs visual for astronomy. 

Steve 

I wonder if the birders have the same imaging versus visual debates as we do. “On no, not another pic of a tit!  it’s not the same as actually SEEING one”!

• Haha 4

On 25/03/2022 at 19:33, JeremyS said:

I wonder if the birders have the same imaging versus visual debates as we do. “On no, not another pic of a tit!  it’s not the same as actually SEEING one”!

🤐😇

• Haha 1