NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Intervalometer

I don't know if mine is the same exact brand, but the two I have look identical and have performed perfectly for several years.

My only problem is the battery cover can slip off easily leaving me walking the path looking for it.

Might help if I carried less in my hands, or had 3 hands!🙂

I forgot to say they have been out numerous nights doing wide field meteor shots and still work great now.

Edited by maw lod qan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

I don't know if mine is the same exact brand, but the two I have look identical and have performed perfectly for several years.

My only problem is the battery cover can slip off easily leaving me walking the path looking for it.

Might help if I carried less in my hands, or had 3 hands!🙂

I forgot to say they have been out numerous nights doing wide field meteor shots and still work great now.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Nikon have different pin/sockets to connect to, make sure you chose the right connector for your Nikon.

e.g. I have 2 one has a 10 pin connector the other has a little rectangular connector…

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Nikon have different pin/sockets to connect to, make sure you chose the right connector for your Nikon.

e.g. I have 2 one has a 10 pin connector the other has a little rectangular connector…

Good point. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 21/03/2022 at 12:25, PatrickO said:

Does anyone know if this is a good intervalometer?

I purchased a similar wireless one. Has the advantage that you don't disturb the scope whilst imaging. Also less wires.

• Like 1

Really stupid intervalometer question,

Can you use them as a remote shutter, like just remote fire the settings on the camera with it not in bulb mode and it just takes the one exposure at your settings?

Edited by Ratlet
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

Really stupid intervalometer question,

Can you use them as a remote shutter, like just remote fire the settings on the camera with it not in bulb mode and it just takes the one exposure at your settings?

Yes. It (normally) has a shutter release button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, adyj1 said:

Yes. It (normally) has a shutter release button.

I figured the big button on the front might do that.  Mine has just arrived.  Need to get the kids to bed before I play with it now.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 07:30, Clarkey said:

I purchased a similar wireless one. Has the advantage that you don't disturb the scope whilst imaging. Also less wires.

I have a rubber band loop attached to the cable so that I can hook it up on the mount. Otherwise it can act like a pendulum and wobble the camera. 

• Like 1