Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very nice Jamie. Cassie and Perseus definitly. The double cluster is clear as is the Mirfac Association. There's a lot of stars there. Do you have the image without the pull down of the LP ... I'm wondering if you may have lost some detail in trying to process it out.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't do anything further with it. Except maybe run GradX on it. Need to sort mine out actually and get a new serial for my mac. I've given it a tweak with curves in GIMP. Might have gone a little too far though.

IMG_casdone0001.jpg

I can only echo Ron's comments. :)

I've had a quick bash with Photoshop at reducing the 'glow' but the resultant lack of colour in the image does,I feel,detract somewhat from the overall visual effect........... perhaps the addition of some colour filters might help...... will have a go when I have more time.

Ran it through GradientExterminator - rotated and cropepd the image slightly to get rid of the hard black edge thats resulted from the stacking as I have found these really confuse GradientExterminator.. Would have been better workign from the Tiff straight out of DSS...

Billy...

Thanks a lot everyone for the comments and for having a go at making my picture look better. John, Psychobilly(looking good!), please can you tell me what this Gradient Exterminator is and is it free?

I've got another one.

Here is my attempt, I will have another try at it.

IMG_1230001.jpg

And uncropped with LP.

cassi0001.tif

Jamie

post-15495-133877360379_thumb.jpg

cassi0001.tif

Thanks Billy, cheers John. I haven't got PS so I couldn't get thet Gradient Exterminator if I could afford it!

You have really brought the stars out John. Double cluster at the top middle and the main cassiopeia stars in the middle of the picture. That is probably the most starry picture I've done. I do love my Canon 1000D!

Cheers

Hey those are nice pics!

Love the amount of stars there.

My tip would be, download Pixinsight LE, which is free, and read the tutorial on dynamic background extraction. It will immediately resolve those gradients for you in a way no other app can.

Pixinsight takes gradient exterminator, ties it to a fence, and then spanks it with cleverness.

Cheers

TJ

Thanks for the advice TJ. I downloaded Pixinsight, which looked quite daunting at first!, and had a go at my picture. Its my first try and without any processing apart from a bit of a crop but it is better than my other attempts where I have clearly lost many stars with my processing. I've got something else to work on now!

Cheers

Jamie

IMG_pix0001.jpg

post-15495-133877362465_thumb.jpg

Archived