Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Street light problem: success (eventually)

OpusElite

We have a street light next to our garden wall that floodlights our garden and house windows, lighting up my ground-floor bedroom, making sleep difficult.

As for astronomy, it helped while I was learning as I could read the manual, but after that it was very problematic.

I contacted the council mentioning the light into my bedroom and sure enough in due course, they replaced it with a 'shorter pole' and a 'lower power' LED light.

I'm not convinced it's much shorter and when they say 'lower power' they obviously meant lower power consumption, as now my windows and garden were floodlit with a pure white light. I could read a book at night while standing outside my bedroom window.

So, I got back on to the council and after a bit of a delay (and a polite reminder), hey presto, shields have been fitted, and what a difference. It now only lights a small area of garden and my bedroom is pitch black at night.

Oh and yes, it's also been beneficial for astronomy ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 12

Yes, good job indeed. In my experience they are normally very accommodating so itโ€™s worth persevering if they donโ€™t get it right first time, as you did ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1