NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro with Asiair Plus

Hi all,

Hoping you can give me some advice on my setup.

I finally got my Asiair Plus today, set it all up with the guide scope, focuser, camera and so on, everything is recognised and working except my mount.

There is no EQ6-R Pro in the drop down menu so I chose the EQMOD Mount instead, and I just get an error, see pic attached.

Im connecting the EQ6-R Pro to the Asiair Plus via the usb .

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, 

Many thanks

IMG_6134.PNG

mount.jpg

Hi @mareman48

How are you connecting your mount to the ASIAir? 

i believe that you select EQMod Mount if you are connecting by an EQDIR cable directly from the mount to the ASiAir's USB sockets.

E.g. similar to one of these cables:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

If you are using the ST4 cable going from your mount to the handset and then further to the ASIAir - I may have to hand over to someone else that has done this but I believe you have to change a setting on the handset itself.....ive never done it before so don't want to give you any wrong information :)

Edited by Jonny_H

3 minutes ago, Jonny_H said:

Hi @mareman48

i believe that you select EQMod Mount if you are connecting by an EQDIR cable directly from the mount to the ASiAir's USB sockets.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

If you are using the ST4 cable going from your mount to the handset and then further to the ASIAir - I may have to hand over to someone else that has done this but I believe you have to change a setting on the handset itself.....ive never done it before so don't want to give you any wrong information :)

Thanks for the quick reply,

Im using the ST4 cable, but I think that might be the issue, as its not picking up the Mount.

Had a quick google search and its suggested to buy the EQDIR cable as per your link 🤔 and select EQMod Mount.

Thanks

Do not use the ST4 port! If your using an EQDir cable then you put it into the hand controller port on the mount, not into the hand controller. Alternatively, you can plug a USB type B (printer cable) into the mount just below the hand controller port but set baud rate to 115200 or something like that.

• Like 1

I dont think the OP has an EQDir cable at present.

I think if you're going down the st4 cable route - you need to connect a usb cable from your asiair to your guide camera, and then a st4 cable from your guide camera to the mount.

As others have said though- just use a usb cable.

Edited by Jonny_H

As above USB cable is all you need and then set the baud rate as 115200. I have seen some folk report 9600 works but easy enough to test.... Job should be done.....

Edited by scotty38

6 minutes ago, Jonny_H said:

Hi @mareman48

Al sorted now, I had to change the Baud to 115200, all working now.

Thanks again for your help

• Like 2