Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spaghetti Canon 6Da unguided experiment...

Zummerzet_Leveller

This is not going to win any awards but I thought it would be a fun experiment to make the most of the clear skies.  This was taken on my AVX unguided, hence trying to hide the walking noise.  I thought I had good polar alignment but I guess with 6hrs and 40mins of 60 second exposures over two nights, somethings going to give.  Taken with my modded 6D (the shutter count took a beating), the RedCat51 with the L-eXtreme and an ASIAir.  Definitely a bit of slack in the image train as stars were much bigger on one side of the image and also some nice banding to contend with, probably not enough bias frames.  Not convinced that the RedCat51 is too happy with a full frame sensor either.  

400 lights, 20 darks, 20 flats and 20 bias.  DSS, Siril, Starnet++, Topaz and GIMP.

Final_V1_Low.jpg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

the fact that it's an unguided image or you having 2 clear nights

Thanks Skip!

Such a rarity at the moment so I had two rigs running.  I need to get another guide camera I think to make the best of both.  The ASIAir makes life so simple, I should have re-centred the Spaghetti a few times during the session as I think the banding in the image is due to a bit of drift and it might have minimised the walking noise.

14 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Maybe a bit over saturated from my personal taste

Thanks Alan.  Totally agree on the saturation, I made it pop to distract from the walking noise.  I'd like to have another go at it with a guide camera next time so I can dither, but thought the clear skies were too good an opportunity to waste.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

You got the image the hard way but v rewarding

Thanks Simmo.  Yep, guided and taking images with a proper cooled astro-cam makes capture and processing much easier.  However, it was actually quite fun to try something different and more akin to where we all start.  The AVX is certainly much easier to lug around when compared to the EQ6-R.