Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Windmills in the wind

Last night/this morning I braved the force of mother nature to create these two images. The two Windmills, Brill and Quainton are situated only 20 minuets away from each other in Buckinghamshire. I had planned these projects a short while back but didnt realise until I got to one of them that a sail had been broken.  It turns out it happened in November last year during strong winds. a real shame so I had to do my own repair job!

Lit by moon light, the seperate Windmill captures were blended with the Star trails taken separately on site at Brill to allow me to create the look I was going for.

233 x 30 sec subs for the star trails. 

QuaintonWindmill.jpg

BrillWindmillTrail.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 27

6 hours ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

The trail effect gives it an art aesthetic. I bet it would look good in print too.

It was nice to do something a little different to the standard lines and yeah I'm definitely going to see how they look in print 😊

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ludd said:

Lovely images - and lovely mills too, I know them well and sometime do bike rides based on Quainton, Brill, Wheatley and Great Haseley mills. But in daylight and not with that wind!

Wheatley and Great Haseley look like nice windmills too, Haseley more so would make for a great star trail image or the Milkyway in the summer because of where and how its positioned :)

Edited by Rustang