NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC772

mrpizza

Greetings from Florida.  I wanted to share this image as I have been dialing in my new mount the Mesu 200MKII.  I'm imaging at 2995mm and average guiding is 0.29 rms using PHD2.  My next step in fine tuning is to tackle what I perceive as camera tilt as some of the stars have a "red bloat" to them. 

Meade 14" LX850ACF

Mesu 200 MKII

QHY268M

ONAGT

https://www.astrobin.com/5rlse0/

Chris

NGC772.jpg

• Like 21

Thank you for the kind words.  I originally joined this forum to learn more about the Mesu mount since there is not a lot users  here in the US.   There are plenty of excellent imagers on this forum from which I have gathered inspiration from.  I spent the past 25 years imaging with a Meade 10" LX50 on a Losmandy G11 non goto using a variety of cameras starting with a Olympus OM-1.  I sat by and watched technology grow in this hobby  (leaving me feel like Fred Flinstone of imaging),  so this year after having the Mesu in my sights for many years, I was able to fulfill one of my goals.  I figured if I was going big with the mount why stop there and was fortunate enough to find a slightly used Meade 14" LX850 ota and upgraded the camera to a QHY 268m and added an ONAG.  To top tings off I scrapped SGP for Voyager (nothing wrong with SGP) so I have given myself quite the learning curve.  With the help of many members on this forum (as evidence in the image) I have managed get the mount up and running to put together some good data.   

Chris