Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cleaned mirror today

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, after polar alignment of the new Eq8 R pro mount head I decided that the 12inch f4 Newtonian mirror needed cleaning after not being used for over two years. Quite a lot of grunge on the mirror 🪞 but cleaned up well. Amazing what a brillo pad will do (only joking). 

It's nuts that after cleaning I get airborne dust. I need one of NASA's clean room. 

IMG_20211219_150228.jpg

IMG_20211219_145945.jpg

• Like 11

I was reading the start of the thread with only the top of the first image showing. I thought "Jeepers Creepers!(or words to that effect) Nigella has let that mirror go a bit".

I the scrolled down and saw I was looking at the table top🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swoop1 said:

I was reading the start of the thread with only the top of the first image showing. I thought "Jeepers Creepers!(or words to that effect) Nigella has let that mirror go a bit".

I the scrolled down and saw I was looking at the table top🤣

I can see how you thought that, lol. If it looked like the table too I'd have binned it, lol. 

• Haha 1