Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which 3 of your eyepieces get the most use, and why?

F15Rules

47 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

Same here, in my FS60. 32mm plossl for the Solar scout. I do have a 26mm plossl that hardly ever gets used, and a broken 7mm BGO that never gets used. I don't own any other eyepieces any more.

32mm plossl is a seriously underrated bit of kit.  I'd sooner drop mine in the scope than change out the 2" to 1.25" adapter.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

32mm plossl is a seriously underrated bit of kit.  I'd sooner drop mine in the scope than change out the 2" to 1.25" adapter.  

I found the Baader 32 to be the best of the bunch (25-32mm) that I've had over the years. The eye guard extender is a nice touch.

11 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

I found the Baader 32 to be the best of the bunch (25-32mm) that I've had over the years. The eye guard extender is a nice touch.

I agree.  Its 45° field is a bit narrower than many at that focal length, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Don Pensack said:

I agree.  Its 45° field is a bit narrower than many at that focal length, though.

To be honest, I hadn't noticed. I only use it for full disc views in my solarscout, a job it does very well indeed.