Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mill and Milky Way (edit +2nd)

Practicing foreground techniques under a cloudy sky last night.  Milky Way from spring taken about 1km away composited into correct location and scale (8 x120s tracked, 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm).  Old Gang Smelt Mill foreground 10 of 20 images, same hardware.  Sharpens up when clicked.  *edit Surrender Bridge Mill added inc. ambient foreground*

The weather blues....

...Paul

OGT 03.jpg

SBT 02.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 18

Well that's a good use of a cloudy night !

I think the overall effect is rather nice, particularly the ground spill. It also looks like you've used a different colour temp on the inside. If so then that's a good idea as it differentiates the inner wall from the outer ( I will of course have to steal the idea when I can ! ). I also like the fact you've smoothly covered the complete chimney rather than just the bottom of it.

The new sky works well here.

They're my thoughts but what do you think ?

Dave.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @FenlandPaul @davew

The internal lighting was a different lamp however, I've just replicated the effect in post to rescue an old and very flat image of a derelict barn.

Could probably contour the light on the bigger flat sections of wall, ambient light backgound, frame building smaller in the image etc!!

I have another mill...

...cheers, Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

I've just replicated the effect in post to rescue an old and very flat image of a derelict barn.

Ah yes, another good idea that passed me by.

ambient light background

Yes, a bit of detail never goes amiss.

Could probably contour the light on the bigger flat sections of wall

I've seen some photos from a chap who got tight inline with a wall and every stone cast it's own shadow. A very nice effect but the light fall off across the wall needs watching out for.

Here's to your next mill. Surrender by any chance ? I've never been but the name intrigues me.

Dave.

• clarkpm4242 changed the title to Mill and Milky Way (edit +2nd)