Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion at 28mm

Having been cloudy and I've also been very busy with house renovations I haven't had the energy or time to set up my main rig so I have just been taking the odd opportunity to use the Star Adventurer and my modified Canon 600D. It took three trips to a local darker site to achieve this and I'm pleased with the result. In the first trip it clouded over but I liked the "Orion behind the clouds" Image I got anyway. The second trip I used my nicer Pentax 28mm lens but it doesnt fit with any filters so it was a wash with Light pollution. The 3rd and final attempt below was with my Hoya HMC 28mm lens and Optolong L enhance clip in Filter.

The Image is 1hr and 30 mins of data at 2min subs stacked with darks.

HoyaOrion28mm.jpg

OrionWidePeg.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 15

Ok, you've hooked me. I've enquired about getting a camera modded today !

Have you tried the L extreme or just the enhance ?

Are you thinking of posting that in the Challenges section ? It has to be a contender,

Dave

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, davew said:

Ok, you've hooked me. I've enquired about getting a camera modded today !

Have you tried the L extreme or just the enhance ?

Are you thinking of posting that in the Challenges section ? It has to be a contender,

Dave

Thanks Dave, do it, you won't regret it!. I haven't personally used the L - extreme just the L-enhance so can't comment on that I'm afraid. Il look into the challenges, thanks for the heads up 👍

• Like 1