Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 72ed ds pro and Zwo asi294mcpro

I was in the process of buying a zwo asi294 mcpro from Abs but bad communication on the sellers behalf let me down big time. I have a skywatcher 72ed ds pro that I shall use the camera with and also use the ovl Field Flattener from flo in my usual imaging train with my Canon 600D (obviously won't use the 600D now) 

My question is to gain the back focus required of 55mm I believe, how would I connect everything. Is it scope +FF+294mc pro or will I need to include some spacers between the FF and 294mc Pro. Sorry if this is a stupid question. 

Edited by AstroNebulee

You'll need to put the spacers between the FF & the camera (bearing mind the 17.5mm already 'within' the camera).  ZWO do sell 21mm & 16.5mm spacers which, together with the 17.5mm in the camera body, would come to 55mm.  Although you may need to add a bit more if you use filters in front of the FF.  Another alternative is to use a Baader varilock spacer?  Enjoy - that's a v good camera.

8 minutes ago, vineyard said:

You'll need to put the spacers between the FF & the camera (bearing mind the 17.5mm already 'within' the camera).  ZWO do sell 21mm & 16.5mm spacers which, together with the 17.5mm in the camera body, would come to 55mm.  Although you may need to add a bit more if you use filters in front of the FF.  Another alternative is to use a Baader varilock spacer?  Enjoy - that's a v good camera.

Thank you vineyard for your help. So basically I need the 21 and 16.5mm spacers. I have emailed flo to check with threads whether M42 or 48 as they've the spacers in stock atm. The camera was to good to pass up. 

• Like 1

• AstroNebulee changed the title to DELETE PLEASE-Skywatcher 72ed ds pro and Zwo asi294mcpro
  • Cornelius Varley changed the title to Skywatcher 72ed ds pro and Zwo asi294mcpro

OK no problems cornelius. Shame the private seller didnt sell me the osc. Apparently someone else offered to buy it before me and she was waiting for the funds to transfer. Why she said yes I'll sell you the 294mc pro and bank transfer is great, so I sent my address to her, waiting on reply only to be told she sold it to the other person. Why she didn't say in the previous emails that someone else offered to buy it first and was waiting to let them transfer the funds, and if the other person failed then she would offer it to me! She wasn't trying to dupe me just very bad communication on her part. Annoyed as it was a bargain at £600

Edited by AstroNebulee

3 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Thank you vineyard for your help. So basically I need the 21 and 16.5mm spacers. I have emailed flo to check with threads whether M42 or 48 as they've the spacers in stock atm. The camera was to good to pass up. 

I've got that exact same combo and yes, camera the 21 and 16.5mm spacers and then the FF. You'll need an M42/48 adaptor for the spacers to the field flattener but you'll get one with the camera :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuf1978 said:

I've got that exact same combo and yes, camera the 21 and 16.5mm spacers and then the FF. You'll need an M42/48 adaptor for the spacers to the field flattener but you'll get one with the camera :) 

Thank you, shame I didn't get the osc in the end 

4 hours ago, powerlord said:

You should get all those with the camera. Ie it comes with all required spaces for 55mm. At least my asi533 and asi1600 did.

You're down the rabbit hole too then.. Mount next?  🤩

Yep didn't get the osc on the end, see above 😡. I've been down the rabbit hole for a while just wanting to dig deeper 😉