Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

We Do These Things Not Because They Are Easy But Because They Are Hard........

Craney

Absolutely JFK ....   but  crikey, these are slippery beasts.

Three challenges of the Summer / Autumn sky  that have been 'interesting' and alas, probably not finished.

Soap Bubble.  (Equinox 80 0.6x FR  atik 414.  8hrs Ha 6 Hrs Oiii )     Stretch to infinity and beyond..... but it's there.

1258103174_hoo_2jpegha28000o321000.thumb.jpg.d46453de20289e02745d5061a3390255.jpg

Shark.  Lum only  (  lets see if it is there first !!! )  Samyang 135 atik414   3 hrs usuable... lots of spoil subs due to Moonlight.     If you know what you are looking for.... it's there.

When asked, my partner said she could see a Giraffe....🤨

shark_samy135mm_2-Luminance-session2222_-NoSt.jpg.7afb0cdceed06661fed020d928b92714.jpg

Squid.    Samyang 135 atik414.   ( 4 hrs Ha  6 Hrs Oiii ).      Is it there ??   Maybe.... a little blu'ish smidge.....  if you use averted vision  ;) 

final.thumb.jpg.c7df10ab2924a39174f5c10934055be5.jpg

Thanks for looking.   I need a nights sleep !!

Sean.

Edited by Craney
  • Like 11

Before yesterday I wouldn't have located the Soap Bubble in your image but some posted a reference to it in another thread and I did some googling. With my newfound knowledge I spotted it immediately! :)

All I can say is well done!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craney said:

Thanks Paul.   Yes, It is hidden in plain sight, once you know.   Only discovered a few years ago as well, 2007  by an amateur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_Bubble_Nebula

I like it because it is so round.

That would have drove me absolutely bananas as it looks just like a dust bunny that flats failed to remove!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomato said:

I think the brightest elements of the Squid are just discernible

I think  I need to get some serious aperture going with the Oiii.    I need to roll out the  10" Quattro.

Fight the monster with a monster.

• Like 1