Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First proper stab at The Pleiades

mightymonoped

Thought I'd have a go at this last night as there was unexpected (to me) clear skies and the rig was already setup on the balcony. I've tried pretty much every other target available to me and have run out of viable options from my limited viewpoint but M45 is actually accessible to my setup for at least 3 or 4 hours currently.

I swapped out the l-eNhance filter for an l-Pro light pollution filter to hopefully deal with the car-park lights and sky-glow and kicked off a slurry of 60 x 120s shots. Conditions (judging by FWHM and guiding) weren't brilliant but I had a go anyway.

Pre-Processed in APP for stacking, integration and light pollution cleanup. Processed in Photoshop for everything else.

Forgive the diffraction spikes, I know it's a thorny one but I actually quite like them on this target sometimes.

Still need to do another couple of hours capture on this anyway so I'll do a spike-free version when it's complete.

WO Redcat 51 with Optolong l-Pro filter
ASI 294mc pro -10C unity gain
Star Adventurer tracker

M45_crop_S2.jpg

• Like 22

Whew whee that's some professional work right there! Haven't seen that many views of the Pleiadis but this is one of the best. I didn't even know three of the little stars in that row were orange.

I don't know why for some reason this image makes me think of Star Control II, I guess it's that good 😆

• Thanks 1