Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LBN617 and open cluster NGC188.

ollypenrice

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I don't know what they drink in Serbia but I want to try it...

Olly

Oh, c'mon, just because I used "that" circle - viewed at an angle image?

What's wrong with plastic circular disk with half of world map printed on it? :D

(btw, yes you do want to try Rakia :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2021 at 14:55, Rodd said:

When did you get a RASA Olly?  Dipping your toe in the dark pool? (excellent processing BTW, as usual.  The stars.....

I didn't, Rodd. I teamed up with one of our gite guests and provided a mount and a location in our robotic shed. Paul provided the scope and camera. All this is very recent but I do like the setup.

Olly

• Like 1

On 20/10/2021 at 14:55, Rodd said:

When did you get a RASA Olly?  Dipping your toe in the dark pool? (excellent processing BTW, as usual.  The stars.....

Just shows that the 60+ like Olly (and me) keep an open mind and are eager to embrace the new generation of fast scopes, OSC and CMOS!

Cheers, Göran

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2021 at 07:52, ollypenrice said:

@vlaiv

HEADS3.jpg.2d0ea82fb655f02ff6c44bb39de6f88f.jpg

1851079588_LBN617NGC188129X3MNWARMERroundedstarscopy.thumb.jpg.544c87a4c0efebf00e9c641f6520abce.jpg

😁lly

Thats much better Olly, the non circular stars was the thing I noticed first like Vlaiv, and was really distracting for me, but assumed it was a guiding issue.  weird how the central star seemed more effected, is that just a function of brightness on the diffraction ?

Though like you I still didn't get the forest Gump reference, but now I think its a really great one 😛 and I going to use it myself in the future hahahahahaha.

Im really enjoying watching how you transition to cmos Osc imaging, as you know im on a similar journey with my 533, but dont think I can ever give up the mono Atik ccd's.

Lee

• Like 1