Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way in Cornwall

Some Milky Way images from Pendennis Point in Falmouth. Probably not the best location, it was a little dodgy...seems like the local meet up point...

Taken with Canon 2000d, Samyang 14mm f2.8 and Star Adventurer 2i

The first and second images are a stack of 5 images (stacked in sequator) and I think the 3rd was a single image.

The foreground was not very easy to add back into the stacked images, especially with the fishing trawler with that kept moving around, but I think (hope) I've done a fair job.

MilkyWay_Cornwall_3.thumb.jpg.9102ea89b5447498678e2409d579ff6f.jpg

MilkyWay_Cornwall_2.thumb.jpg.5529915e100bf394be029c197790f22d.jpg

MilkyWay_Cornwall_1.thumb.jpg.748bd14c71e09164c75bcea8fe9b55be.jpg

Adam

• Like 15

Very nice mate. I was also recently in Cornwall (Mullion cove) and took 2 lovely milky way shots. One of which featured the core, which I have been wanting to photograph for a while.

Glad you also had clear skies.

Good work

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 05:35, MKHACHFE said:

Very nice mate. I was also recently in Cornwall (Mullion cove) and took 2 lovely milky way shots. One of which featured the core, which I have been wanting to photograph for a while.

Glad you also had clear skies.

Good work

Thanks! Have you posted your images? I couldn't find them. 

Me too, I was surprised, it was the only clear night we had while there!

20 hours ago, Adam1234 said:

Thanks! Have you posted your images? I couldn't find them. 

Me too, I was surprised, it was the only clear night we had while there!

I haven't, no. As long as you don't mind (if you do, just say and I'll remove them), I'll post them here.

I originally wanted to take 120 sec exposures, but there were two navy or air RAF helicopters training for 3 hours, circling back and forth straight in my view, so I could only do 30 secs and they had to be timed with the helis. 

I ended up with a lot of pretty but useless images of the milky way with light trails. LOL

Anyway, here are my shots. I clearly messed up the land portion of the shot as I forgot to take a proper one to comp in. Stupid me.

Mullion_Cove_060921 copy.jpg

mw bench stack copy (0-00-00-00)2_compress40.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MKHACHFE said:

I haven't, no. As long as you don't mind (if you do, just say and I'll remove them), I'll post them here.

I originally wanted to take 120 sec exposures, but there were two navy or air RAF helicopters training for 3 hours, circling back and forth straight in my view, so I could only do 30 secs and they had to be timed with the helis. 

I ended up with a lot of pretty but useless images of the milky way with light trails. LOL

Anyway, here are my shots. I clearly messed up the land portion of the shot as I forgot to take a proper one to comp in. Stupid me.

Mullion_Cove_060921 copy.jpg

mw bench stack copy (0-00-00-00)2_compress40.jpg

First one looks lovely.  Shame about the helicopters though! 

A lot of mine were ruined by the trawler boat moving closer and closer towards the Milkyway  and cars that kept coming past. 

18 hours ago, Adam1234 said:

First one looks lovely.  Shame about the helicopters though! 

A lot of mine were ruined by the trawler boat moving closer and closer towards the Milkyway  and cars that kept coming past. 

Thanks mate.

Yeah, it sucks when you carefully plan a session meticulously, only to have those plans scuppered on the night. 😤😂

• Like 1