Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first sketches!

Buqibu

I tried to sketch Jupiter, The Double Cluster, The Owl Cluster and The Andromeda Galaxy, I know it isn't anything impressive but it was a very relaxing process and I really liked it. Hope to do more in the future20210812_005647.thumb.jpg.66666e5388cd13f970d994bae8fdd6fc.jpg20210812_005708.thumb.jpg.42b380b1365844a08898b3e1c6a72248.jpg20210812_005715.thumb.jpg.97ff4d853c9f98ce36fdce4168b45a8b.jpg20210812_005722.thumb.jpg.56e03087ba923847cb82e5f7c54802ab.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Buqibu said:

it was a very relaxing process and I really liked it.

My most enjoyable sessions usually occur when I’m sketching.  I tend to linger longer at the eyepiece and really take in the details.  If I’m not sketching it’s often a quick ‘wow’ and on to the next target.
Keep it up :thumbright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, globular said:

My most enjoyable sessions usually occur when I’m sketching.  I tend to linger longer at the eyepiece and really take in the details.  If I’m not sketching it’s often a quick ‘wow’ and on to the next target.
Keep it up :thumbright:

Thanks😁

• Like 1

Even if you hadn’t said what your sketch of the Double Cluster was, I’d have known.  The “parachute” asterism in one cluster, the more open nature of the other with a “hole” in the middle.

The Owl Cluster, that’s recognisable too, one “eye” brighter than the other, the wings, narrow body…..

Excellent, keep up the good work!!

Ed.

• Thanks 1

Hi, well done for trying your hand at sketching and producing your first sketches! The double cluster was a difficult target to begin with!

There's nothing better than the feeling of getting totally absorbed in the view in the eyepiece and trying to take in and reproduce all the details of what you're seeing.

Looking forward to seeing more. 

All the best.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lurcher said:

Hi, well done for trying your hand at sketching and producing your first sketches! The double cluster was a difficult target to begin with!

There's nothing better than the feeling of getting totally absorbed in the view in the eyepiece and trying to take in and reproduce all the details of what you're seeing.

Looking forward to seeing more. 

All the best.

Thank you!

• Like 1