NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Some treats with the 102ED-R

RobertI

14 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Probably more common than you think... Will us ED and achro owners be allowed in? 😉

3 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

John has settled it. Call the thread the something like, "The 4 inch Club" to keep it busy. 😀

Lol my wife can never hear about the 4” club because I’ll never hear the end of it. Having said that YAY WE HAVE A CLUB!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobertI said:

All will be welcome! 😁

What, even us peasants ? :evil4:

As  per my signature, last month I managed to score what was probably the last brand new Bresser AR-102s achro in stock anywhere in the UK , it's a fun quick set up 'scope for widefield at 600mm , it's been out only a few times at night , mostly in desperation when ragged clouds allowed sat least something to be seen in the gaps,   but every day when there has been a chance it's been out for a look at the Sun.

Heather

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Lucky you managed to snag that Bresser 102! a look at the sun is a perfect way to keep sane when clouds dominate.

I know !

Having decided it was probably the best balance of portability vs size , quality vs price for me , I was reconciled to waiting until December (or hoping for a second hand one to  come up) and doing some random searching around the interwebs for further information , and accidentally tripped over  a page alleging stock available from an online photographic retailer I'd never heard of before . Some rapid email exchanges , and an online search to check on the reputation of the dealer , and soon their sole remaining specimen was mine 🙂

I must do a vendor review on them , nice folk to  deal with https://www.fotodeals.co.uk/