Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Adventurer 2i - Quick Setup Guide - Featuring the Innorel RT90C Tripod

Chris

I've noticed occasionally beginners get a bit stuck with setting up the Star Adventurer mounts. Not spotting the pre inserted 3/8" to 1/4" adaptors that often need to be removed is an example. 

Here is a very quick setup guide.

It doesn't include polar scope calibration as that would be a video in it's own right. Just enough to get peeps up and running for a first outing :) 

I also wanted to show off the innorel RT90C tripod. Some of the usual astronomy tripods are a bit thin on the ground at the moment which lead me to research an alternative for the SA mount. This is one solid tripod for £289, and I think it's going to be great paired up with the Star Adventurer 2i. More on that though once tested. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RobertI said:

Great vid Chris very helpful and good to see the process of putting together. Nice tripod!

Cheers Rob, I was sold on the tripod when I saw people using it to do pull ups with on Youtube  😆 💪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I hope Mrs Lockie does not mind the use of eating irons as tools,
when I do that my life expectancy reduces considerably!

Great Video.

Cheers! Sound like you're talking from experience here Alan 😁 Thankfully, we only have cheap old cutlery that she doesn't seem to care much about, but the day she comes home with anything posh I'd better change my ways! 

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1