ASIair Pro manual

12 hours ago, Crispy5573 said:

I was asking for help on the ZWO AAP forum an one of the guys there sent me this link 

https://www.yuque.com/zwopkb/asiair

It isn't official as ZWO don't produce manuals for anything but I think it will help a lot of AAP users 

The contents of the manual seem to have a very strong resemblance to the ZWO manual.

18 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The contents of the manual seem to have a very strong resemblance to the ZWO manual.

Really ? Have you read any of it ?

The main difference is this actually explains things and shows how to do them.

12 hours ago, Crispy5573 said:

one of the guys there sent me this link 

The link seems a bit flakey to me. The first time I tried it the page wasn't available. I've just tried it again and it opened the site quite quickly but clicking on the links within didn't seem to do anything.

Ian

Well I suppose I'll take these comments as a lesson , next time I find something that has helped me and I think it may help others I'll leave it for them to find themselves. 

Yes it is similar to the ZWO manual and yes they do produce "manuals" but where this explains things in the necessary depth for inexperienced people like myself the ZWO versions leave a lot unsaid. 

Have fun trolling guys

Ron

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crispy5573 said:

Really ? Have you read any of it ?

The main difference is this actually explains things and shows how to do them.

I opened a random page on the link and then compared it to the ZWO ASIair pro manual. The graphics had clearly been lifted directly from the ZWO manual.

49 minutes ago, Crispy5573 said:

Yes Steve it is sad , sad that when someone tries to help others all some people can do is criticise (not in a constructive way) and pick fault.  

I help others on as much as possible regarding Astronomy, here and on FB pages for AsiaAir, Stellarmate & Astroberry if that's trolling I'll continue but I prefer the Silver Surfer accolade.  And the other members here also do a lot to help out whether new to the forum or old timers.

To be honest the link you sent is too messy and hardwork to navigate so I won't be adding it to my saved list.  Yes, ZWO manuals are short and updated very infrequently, so if that site has helped you then good.

Steve

Well I for one was looking forward to reading something with fuller details, but as the link wasn't working for me I can have no opinion. Pity. Why it works for others I don't know, but I can assure you I was in no way trolling. Rather, just providing a heads-up.

Ian

Edited by The Admiral

5 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

Well I for one was looking forward to reading something with fuller details, but as the link wasn't working for me I can have no opinion. Pity. Why it works for others I don't know, but I can assure you I was in no way trolling. Rather, just providing a heads-up.

Ian

I wasn't directing it at you Ian. It all seems to work OK for me using my windows 10 PC and google chrome. 

I’ve had a look, and I agree it does offer more detailed explanations than the manual. I’ll certainly find it useful in the future and on the next imaging session I’ll go through it. Thanks for sharing. 

I don’t think the comments after your post we’re in anyway meant as trolling, just people’s opinions, after all this is SGL not CN. 

incidentally the website works fine when browsing  on my phone. 

• Like 1